Alethia Pantazis, MD
About Dr. Pantazis
Alethia Pantazis, M.D. is a board-certified ophthalmologist who specializes in anti-aging medicine, oculoplastics, neuro-ophthalmology and sexual wellness. She is board certified in anti-aging and regenerative medicine and is passionate about treating disease to maintain a natural, youthful lifestyle and appearance.
- Bachelor of Science in chemistry and minor in biology from Georgia Institute of Technology
- Medical Degree from Northeastern Ohio (NEOMED)
- Transitional medicine/internship at Summa Health System in Akron, Ohio
- Ophthalmology residency at John H. Stroger Jr. Hospital of Cook County in Chicago
- Neuro-ophthalmology fellowship at University of Iowa
- Anti-Aging and Regenerative medicine fellowship through A4M
- Dr. Pantazis is a member of the Academy for Anti-aging and Metabolic Medical Institute (A4M/MMI), the Institute for Functional Medicine (IFM). She is Board Certified in Anti-aging and regenerative medicine, and the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery
- She currently is an attending physician at Malcolm Randall VA Medical Center in Gainesville, Florida, in the neuro-ophthalmology, and oculoplastic surgery departments. She is also a is part of the teaching staff for the University of Florida’s ophthalmology residents.
The eye is the window into each patient’s true health status and is one of the most noticeable features on a person's face. As Dr. Pantazis performs eye exams, she discovers signs that guide lifestyle modifications and medical therapies. By helping each patient optimize his or her weight, diet, toxin exposure, hormones and lifestyle she can help to treat and prevent future disease. By listening to her patients’ complaints about his or her appearance she can offer appropriate therapies and treatments, thereby enhancing each patient's self-esteem. Sexual health is a sign of whole-body health. Throughout Dr. Ally’s career she has found how Intimacy is a critical part of healing. It helps to enhance relationships, increase important and necessary hormones and neurotransmitters and act as an outlet for stress reduction.
After graduating from the Georgia Institute of Technology with a Bachelor of Science in chemistry and a minor in biology, Dr. Pantazis received her medical degree from then called the Northeastern Ohio (NEOMED).
Her training continued with a transitional medicine/internship at Summa Health System in Akron, Ohio, followed by an ophthalmology residency at John H. Stroger Jr. Hospital of Cook County in Chicago and a neuro-ophthalmology fellowship at the University of Iowa. She is continually obtaining certifications and furthering her education through the Academy for Anti-aging and Metabolic Medical Institute (A4M/MMI) and the Institute for Functional Medicine (IFM).
When she is not helping patients, Dr. Ally is passionate about volunteering in the community. She’s actively involved with the Arnette House Inc., where she’s a board member. She volunteers at St. Basil the Great Eastern Orthodox Church and St. Raphael Orthodox Church, working for Food for Orphans and Serbian orphan relief. She’s also dedicated to numerous other community charities, including Blessed Trinity High School, Orthodox Christian missions, Brothers Keepers, and Interfaith.
In her free time, Dr. Ally enjoys spending quality time with her husband and four children. She is a Suzuki method violinist, enjoys exercise including Ultimate Frisbee, as well as cooking and reading. Her favorite things to read are the latest advancements in eye disease treatments, brain health, sexual wellness and beauty.
3220 SW 31st Rd STE 301, Ocala, FL 34474
11938 CR101 Suite 130, The Villages, FL 32162