An infrared blanket combines the benefits of an infrared sauna and the comfort of one’s favorite blanket. The infrared sauna blanket uses electromagnetic radiation to directly warm the body; soothing sore muscles, achy joints and increase blood flow. It boosts happy feelings (Serotonin) and decreases stressful feelings (Cortisol). This naturally brings relaxation to body and mind. This blanket can encourage collagen production, improving skin tone and the appearance of wrinkles. The infrared wavelength is the most effective wavelength when it comes to healing of the skin’s epidermis and dermis. The infrared’s warmth stimulates the circulatory system and oxygenates the body’s cells. It causes your body to sweat, which can aid in weight loss. As the body works to cool itself, it increases the heart rate; this causes a greater calorie burn. Sweating is important when it comes to detoxifying the body. Toxins build up in our lymphatics, and the beauty of the infrared blanket can aid our lymphatic system to drain more effectively. This can help decrease swelling and edema in our extremities, as well as improve the immune system. For those with chronic fatigue or chronic pain, adding this to your self-care habits can bring a greater sense of peace to how your body reacts to your day-to-day life.
The infrared blanket may be for those in need of:
- Relaxation: decrease stress hormone production and increases happy chemicals such as Serotonin.
- Detoxification: detoxify the body leaving a healthier immune system.
- Pain relief: Infrared heat penetrates tissues, joints and muscles which relieve aches and pains
- Cellular Health and improve circulation: stimulating the circulatory system and sending oxygen to tissues.
- Anti-aging and skin Purification: by healing the layers of skin it can stimulate collagen production, reduced wrinkles and improve overall skin tone.
- Weight loss: studies have shown that benefits of an infrared sauna session can burn upwards of 600 calories while you relax!
At Vitaliy Medicine, we’d like to offer the comfort of an infrared sauna blanket during an appointment with our aesthetician. This will enhance the relaxation you experience during a microdermabrasion treatment, microneeeding or peel. This blanket has a flexible temperature range of 77 to 185 degrees Fahrenheit, ensuring comfort to the individual. Staying hydrated is an important element to any warming treatment, and we have a water bottle for you. At Vitality Medicine, we know that when you bring rest to your body, it brings rest to your mind.
Written by Heather Krause and Dr. Alethia Pantazis